Many riders miss the importance of the chain by modifying the other components of the bikes just for looks and some fancy stuffs, so i would like to give first priority to the chains because we unable to ride a bike without the chains, if its ignored or not taken care it may cause a big problem to your motorcycle.
Chain lube helps to move the bike smoothly and you can feel it smooth after lubing. Below I have listed some tips to take care of your chain on any type of motor cycle.
It doesn’t matter whether you own an older bike, or have a newer, more modern machine, lubrication should be an essential part of your maintenance kit.
- A dry chain cause bad gear shifting.
- It reduces the chain noise if it's clean and lubricated.
- You can save some money when your are taking care of your chains.
- Place you bike on a centre stand or if you don't have centre stand use paddock stand to lift your rear wheel up.
- Then start your bike and leave it on first gear for few minutes to produce some heat on chains.
- After that apply some chain cleaner or some kerosene to remove dust and dirt from then chains.
- Use toothbrush or chain cleaning brush to clean dirt from the nook and corners of the chain.
- Then take a clean cloth and wipe off the remaining dust from the chain.
- Now shake well your chain lube and the start rotating rear wheel by your hands on anti clock wise and spray it on all different angles.